Friday, September 16, 2011

"Just make an arrow...." - Kids are so SMART!

This was our first week of preschool and it is always interesting! I am continually amazed at how smart the little preschoolers are right from the beginning! So I am telling all the kids about their new folders and teaching them how to put their papers in them. We talked about what will happen if you carry your folder upside down... The kids all accurately chime in, "your papers will fall out." Then one of my little preschoolers comes up to me (and points to the folder I was holding for demonstration purposes) and says, "Miss Kelly, why don't you just make an arrow pointing up on the folder, so you know which way to hold it." Wow!!! I just looked at my assistant and I know we both were thinking, yeah kids are so much smarter than we give them credit for aren't they! Plus, what a great idea!
Hope this story makes you smile!

No comments: