Sunday, March 04, 2007

I am reading a great book written by inspirational early childhood teacher, Bev Bos called Before the Basics. Reading her words relieves me. Much of what she says I often think but seldom witness. It is good to know that I am not the only person in the world who thinks this way.

A couple of quotes...


"Could it ever be called wasteful if it nourishes the creative spirit and soul of a child?"

"Remember what Dr. Jane M. Healy says, "The child's brain has the innate wisdom to tell the child what it needs to do during this sensitive time in its development." One of our jobs is to avoid distracting them."

"If you plan for a decade, plant trees,
If you plan for a century, work with children."

"Children were not made to wait in lines." - neither were adults I think, who likes it?

"Children must be allowed to use too much."
-Bev Bos

2 comments:

Lori said...

Sounds like a great book! My son was given a "pink" slip at school for using too much paper! Weird and a little over the top - I think!

margaret said...

Kelly, your last post is from March and it's now June. Time for an update! :)